Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A fun family adventure

We took an adventure this past weekend, up north.....way up north to the P*olar Ex*press! I have wanted to take the kids for a long time and this year worked out perfectly. I was impressed with how much fun Hubby and I had on it too. It of course was raining/snowing on the way up to Flag, but stopped before we headed to the train.

The kids got a little chance to play in the snow and we got to meet friends and family for lunch in town. The train ride was so much fun. I thought Critter was going to jump out of his seat when the train started moving. As soon as he saw the big man in red...he was beyond excited! Pumpkin had a good time, but was really reserved when it came to the big things. She was very excited to bring her bell to school for show and tell though!

With all the hustle and bustle (and sickness) of the holiday season, this was the perfect time for our little family to celebrate together. I could not have asked for a more perfect day! :)


Grabbing a snack before the train ride!

Me and my girl :)

This was his face when he heard the train start moving and realized he could watch us move!

Attempting to drink hot chocolate without spilling on the pjs...

Watching the lights of the North Pole. Also, if you look closely you can see his adorable reflection in the window...so sweet!

Hubby grabbed this one of Pumpkin. I love her reflection as well. She really had a great time

Realizing he was going to get close to Santa! I love how excited even his hands look :)

Getting their bells. We have been talking about this train ride all week. It was so worth it and such a nice time. It reminded me about how much fun things like this are for both the kids and the adults! Hope your holiday season is as wonderful as ours!

2 comments:

kimberly said...

i want to do this with the grandkids and parents some year also....however....i really really want my own bell!!! :-)
xo

Anonymous said...

Awesome pics Deb!! Look like the kids had a great time too..ah, I ADORE Critter's face when he was realizing what was happening! Too cute!!