Tuesday, December 8, 2009

2 years ago...

My baby boy was born two years ago today. I really can not believe it has been two years already since he came into this world. Our family is so much more amazing with Critter in it. His personality and smile light up my world. He is growing into his own each and every day. He is talking more and more, when Pumpkin lets him get a word in! He cares so deeply for those he loves. He tries to protect both Pumpkin and myself from harm. He will come running to one of us if he thinks we are hurt or sad. He LOVES anything to do with trains, cars, police and sports. Somehow he is a boys boy, even when Pumpkin tries to put her princess dresses on him :)
The poor kid was a little sick this weekend for his birthday party. It ended up turning into an ear infection. He enjoyed his party, but not as much as he could have if he was feeling better. At least I tried not to stress about it! It was a wonderful day in the park with friends and family. thank you all for celebrating with us! We love you...
He went from not feeling good to getting a spark of energy. He would cuddle and drool on anyone who would hold him! He really does look a little pathetic in this picture...
We had to have some games! Critter was not into them, but everyone else was. This was my moms awesome creation of stick the race car on the track! The kids loved it. Pumpkin did pretty good...when she was not trying to cheat!
I have been trying to make their cakes lately. I am getting better. This one had more frosting on it than cake though! It was fun to make. I saved a piece for Critter to have tonight after dinner. Since he is feeling better I hope he will blow out his candle by himself!

Critter's buddy brought his scooter...and Critter did not want to get off of it! He loves this thing :) Every time we go to their house he likes to find it and ride it. He has gotten pretty good at it. It kept him happy at the park and his mind off of his ears!Even though he loves sports and hitting things with a bat or golf club, he does not like to hit a pinata. I do not know what it is...but he does not like to do it. The other kids loved it though...

He finally perked up a bit at the end of the day to enjoy his lovely presents. He has been having fun with all of them since then! It was a great day celebrating and amazing boy. We love you Critter and are so proud of who you are. Happy Birthday amazing boy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hehee! Thank you for posting pictures per my request! ha! I'm so sorry we missed Critter's birthday, but it looks like you were all surrounded by wonderful family and friends as usual! I'm sorry the lil' guy wasn't feeling so hot, but have to say how stinking CUTE he is when he cuddles! :) Happy Birthday!! xoxo