Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Saying "good-bye" to a special place

Today a very special business closed and I felt the need to dedicate a few minutes to it. Our FAVORITE place closed its doors today. It is the gym that I often talk about. It is where Pumpkin had her 2nd, 3rd, and 4th birthday parties. It is where she and Critter both took classes. It is where she went to Summer Camp for 2 summers. It was a HUGE part of our lives. There were often times Pumpkin would spend more time there on a Tuesday than she would at home.
My children have grown so much since going to this gym. It was really a home away from home. I met some amazing people and it was a great meeting place for our friends. I feel fortunate to have become friends with the owner, a truly amazing woman.
We will feel the absence of this place in our hearts. We have so many memories which will stay with us forever. Thank you Miss K for being such a wonderful influence in both Pumpkin and Critter's lives. We love you and wish you luck on your next adventures. We will be here supporting you in every way that we can. I am so thankful we have become friends and look forward to the future. Thank you for all you have done for our family and so many others.
These pictures are from Critter's last class and a very special play date before they closed.
I have almost the same picture of Pumpkin at the same age. It is really cute!


I will miss scrubbing the stamps off feet, hands and bellies each week!





Man, this girl loved the rings and bars. Always our little monkey!
We will miss RP, but know that the memory will live in our hearts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooohh Deb! My goodness..just when I thought the tears had dried up, I come to your blog and see this!! :)
UGh, and just like most important, special things in my life, I'm having a very difficult time expressing just how much these words mean to me..how much you, and your family means to me..how much I look forward to seeing you each week, getting the most precious hugs and kisses from the kids and always love the one-on-one girlie talking with you too! Through the years our friendship has grown into something so wonderful...something I never could have imagined it to be, but am now so very grateful for. You're not only a truly amazing mother (you know how I feel about bad mommies too!!), but a confidant (I know I can ALWAYS talk to you!), and an incrediable listener (my gosh, the crap you sit and listen to me carry on about!), but most importantly, someone I respect and value in my life (you always tell me the truth too..that's a true friend, right? hehe!)
Ahh, Deb, I could go on and on, but then it seems like I'm somehow saying goodbye, when I know that that's not the case at all. Thank you for all that you've done for me, and continue doing...I know that this friendship will continue for a very long while!! I LOVE YOU!! xoxoxo
p.s. I ADORE the stamp pic of J's little (or giant I should say!) feet!!!!! Looooove it!!