Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Finally getting back to normal

I am still trying to catch up over here, which is why the lack of posting lately. I have SO MANY stories to tell and more pictures to go through than I care to admit. Well, I will admit I took over 800 pictures on our one week vacation. I think I get a little shutter happy :)

Our week long vacation to CT and MA was just amazing. I got to spend some quality time with the friend I have known since we were 2. We were sitting there watching the 4 of our children (2 hers, 2 mine) play together and realized we have known each other since we were their age! It was crazy. her husband is an AMAZING cook and made dinner and breakfast each day. He made a semi-traditional English breakfast on Saturday morning and I did not know baked beans for breakfast could take so good. We drove around CT going to where Hubby grew up, to one of the best pizza places I have ever been to, going to the Aquarium and a beyond amazing grocery store. Yes, I know I mentioned grocery store...but they have a little farm in the parking lot! That would just not be possible out here. The kids had such a fun time playing together.

Our time in MA was full of so many adventures and memories for me. We got to go see my grandparents house, the places I grew up, head downtown on a hot/humid day, and spend a lot of time at my aunt and uncle's house. When we got to MA they started having a heat wave. Now...we are used to heat but not humidity. Luckily, they live on a lake and we found it very lovely! Pumpkin became an even bigger fish while there. Once she got over her fear of the water, she just wanted to keep swimming. Wait until I post the pictures! I also got to hang out with my "baby" cousin who is now 24. It was so cool to just hang out and relax with my family.

I have so many stories to share and a bunch of pictures. But... I still do not have Internet hooked up to my laptop and I put my pictures on there, yes I know it has been over a year....but this is the way I am doing things! Once I can get my head in order I will post a bunch of pictures.

Until then, we are getting ready for Pumpkin to go back to school on Monday. We are all really excited. She has missed it terribly. But, I can not wrap my brain around the fact that this is her last year before Kindergarten. Critter is in his stage of imitating every word he hears and trying to talk up a storm. We are still waiting for him to say Nanny and Nana though...much to the grandmother's dismay. I will update more soon, but wanted to get the stories started :)

2 comments:

Jamie said...

i'm glad you had such a wonderful time and that you are all back safely! :) can't wait to hear the stories and also about how the airplane ride went. :)
see you soon i'm sure! :)

Anonymous said...

Yea!! So happy you're back...and can't wait to see the 100's of pics soon too! :)
Maybe lunch again soon?!
xoxo