Friday, June 26, 2009

A fun Father's Day

I know I already wished Hubby and the other dads a Happy Father's Day. I just had to share some pictures from our weekend. We escaped to my parents house for Saturday night and Sunday. It is only 45 minutes away, but it is a little vacation for us! Hubby and I got to go out to a movie on Saturday night, I can't remember the last time we did that! Before we left, we got to indulge in this....
Earlier in the day I took Pumpkin to a local grocery store where kids could decorate their own cake for $5. Doesn't it look perfect! :) The gummy worms were added at my parents house. She was very deliberate in putting the signs, frosting and sprinkles. It was a cake she was very proud of! :)


If you have a cake, you have to sing....of course. So, we sang Happy Father's Day to you to my dad and Hubby. It was rather cute.

We spent the day on Sunday on and off in the pool. It was rather chilly since we have had such a "cool" June. The kids had a great time. Both Critter and Pumpkin were loving being thrown in the air by Daddy. Critter was actually monkey crawling here with just a little support from Daddy.


They were sitting by the edge of the pool together (don't worry Hubby is right outside the frame of the shot) and Critter got thirsty. Pumpkin just reached over and shared her drink with him. I feel so blessed the two of them have such a special relationship.

More throwing by Daddy. I don't know how he gets her so high...I tried and could not do it!

Pumpkin has been taking swim lessons with a friend of mine this summer. She really has learned a lot so far. By the end of the day she swam by herself about halfway down the pool. It was really amazing to see! She was proud of herself and so were we!
It was a great day celebrating the dads in our life. Luckily we got to celebrate with Hubby's parents as well since they came up to my parents house. What a nice day :)

No comments: