Wednesday, April 15, 2009

What a joyous weekend

It was a great Easter weekend. The kids and I headed up to my parents house since Hubby had to work Friday and Saturday nights. It was a full weekend of shopping, eating, dancing, and just a lot of fun. The kids had a great time at their house. I know my parents enjoy it, but the house probably seems really quiet and neat after we leave! :) I hope you all had as fun of a weekend as we did!
My mom got Pumpkin this adorable dance outfit at a resale shop. It had been worn once for a dance recital and was brand new to Pumpkin. Man...she loved it! She wore it for quite awhile all weekend. She put on shows for everyone she could! I am not sure where she gets her rhythm from, but she actually has some. It is obvious that she has been watching DWTS with me, she was trying to copy some of the moves including starting in a pose and finishing in a different pose. Man, I really do hope she gets over her shyness one day :)
Critter was her "prince" for her to fling around. I was just a little nervous that he would crack his head open again!

Gotta have ice cream at Nanny's house!
He was rather serious about this ice cream bar. It was not pretty when we took it from him. There is a limit on sugar before bed even at Nanny's house :)
This was one of the few ones I got of the kids together on Easter. One of them did not want to pose when the other did. And yes...that is a toothbrush in Critter's hand. He is getting 3 of his molars in and 2 of his eye teeth...anything to make him happy is my thought process!
She loves to get an Easter bonnet each year. She only wears it for a little while but I love that she likes the tradition. She usually gets quite a few compliments at church.

I am trying really hard to get better at taking pictures with the kids instead of always being behind the camera. I realize that I don't have as many with me as I would like. I really like this one too!
Hunting eggs this year was fun. Critter got into it. He would collect some and then try to hide them again. It was cute. He was really excited when he found one on his own.

He was trying to hide these ones again. Pumpkin was already in the backyard finding more for her and Critter.

She came back to "lead" him to eggs. Which pretty much means she found them and took them for him to make it easier! :)
She was excited to get these flip-flops from the bunny. I just love how excited they get over the small things. Critter got a bag full of whiffle balls and has not stopped playing with them since Sunday!
I had to include a bribery picture. He loves his sisters' things and he just looked so cute! Maybe this one was a little posed but he does walk around trying to put her headbands on! This one will go in the stack of pictures to tease him with when he is much older!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

looks like a lot of fun! :) glad you had a wonderful weekend!! they are getting SOOO big! :(

kimberly said...

what a great weekend....love the outfit...reminds me of a few the girls wore dancing! :) and i love the easter hat on little boy....so cute! :)
thanks for sharing.

Brittni said...

Looks like a great weekend!!!! I love pumpkin's Easter dress. So Cute!!!! Glad you are all home safe and sound. :)