Tuesday, April 7, 2009

It was bound to happen....

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am a klutz. I have to match up my bruises to places I walk into. Well...both the children have taken after this lovely trait of mine. Pumpkin is always walking into things and finding new marks on her legs. As my father in law said this weekend, anytime anyone goes anywhere with her it is like renting a car. You make note of any markings so you know what is new! Well...that was funnier when he told the story.

I guess you are wondering why I am talking about running into things....Well, Critter is a klutz as well. Except he likes to run into things with his head. He is constantly bruising his head on tables, doors, walls, etc. Tonight was no exception. Tonight was the coffee table. He was trying to get on the couch with Hubby and Pumpkin and then decided it was too hard. While getting/falling down he somehow turned himself around so his head hit the coffee table. I was in the other room and stopped when I heard the noise. It was not a good one. So....Critter got his first trip to the E.R. Luckily it was pretty empty and that Hubby was not working tonight. We were there and back in just about 2 hours.

He has a 1 cm laceration to the forehead. It was not deep enough to need stitches but they used that glue stuff to hold it together. He was great during the whole thing. I think Pumpkin and I had a harder time with it than he did. The staff was so great during the visit. They even gave the kids bubbles and a little monkey. He was laughing and thought it was fun! The coffee table has already been moved from the living room until the kids learn that it is not soft and they can not land on it!

That was our eventful evening. Critter will most likely have a scar on his forehead. I am already great at using sunscreen, but now will be even better at it. I am really surprised my hair color has not changed yet because of the falls these guys take. I am now doing okay with everything. A little time, a little cry and a glass of wine helped me out. Here is our now "tougher" little man...after the fact.

The purple is not a bruise, it is the glue they used. I am guessing the bruise will appear tomorrow or the day after....
We were trying to control his running around once we got home. He just wanted to run around like nothing happened. I guess it is good, but I wanted to keep him in a bubble :)


So....I needed to end on a happy note! Hubby and I actually got out of town this weekend (more on that later) and the kids stayed with my parents. Thanks again Mom and Dad! Before we left to come back to our house Pumpkin made cookies with my mom. This is her decorating them with Hubby. She was being such a goofball and having fun.
Even for all the worries I have about the kids, I am so lucky they are healthy and happy. Hopefully I can remember that in the morning when I look at Critter's head again....

No comments: