Saturday, January 17, 2009

Ready or not....

Tomorrow is my big day, I am running my second half marathon! Here is my checklist:
New bright colored shirt to make it easier for my parents and hubby to find me - check (do you like my lovely model!)
New running sunglasses - check
My race number - check
My timing chip - check

Flowers from my wonderful hubby and kids - check ( I knew I married him for a reason!)

A lovely stuffy nose one of my kids gave me - check! :)

So, I think I am looking forward to tomorrow. I am certainly looking forward to crossing the finish line. I thought I would be able to train better this time around, but life with two crazy munchkins got a little in the way! I did do longer runs this time than I did before my first. We will see how the stuffy nose plays into things. The good news is that it will be 30 (yes I typed that right...30) degrees warmer this time than last time I ran two years ago. That day was the coldest in the area in 16 years! It was barely in the 40s when I finished. This time it will be close to 70. I don't know if that is a good thing yet, at least I will be able to feel my feet when I start to run. So...for about 2 1/2 hours tomorrow morning, think of my while I keep running and running and running!

4 comments:

Tara said...

Wow Debbie. Sounds you like you ahve it all planned out so in the words fo Nike Just Do It! I will be thinking of you and praying for you tomorrow.

Your models are absolutely adorable!

The Tils Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie & kids said...

Good luck tomorrow Deb! We'll be thinking of you.
Man, do I need to start working out again too! I'm not sure how you do it all!

The Tils Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.