Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year

Many wishes of a Happy and Healthy 2009! This was an amazing year. I have been reflecting on it all day. We have grown so much, accomplished so much and loved almost every minute of it! Pumpkin started school, Critter turned one, Hubby got a new assignment at work, I picked up my pace with photography; we have had a great year. I have two happy and healthy children. I have a life that I adore. I have wonderful family and friends. I love taking a moment at the end of a year to reflect on all that has occured during the year. I think that if you can look back and see the good and what has come of the not so good, then the new year is off to a great start. Especially with all that is going on in the world these days, our little family has it pretty good.

I am looking forward to 2009. I can see there being many new adventures in our lives. We have trips planned, a new class for Critter (yeah for him!), more school for Pumpkin and more things that I don't even know about yet. I hope that in this next year I will be able to slow down enough to enjoy all that our lives bring us. I hope that I have the courage to continue pursuing my photography in a slightly more open way. I hope that our family can strive for balance between work, friends, family and ourselves. I hope that each and every day my children go to bed knowing how much they are loved by so many. So, I guess these would be my "resolutions". I don't have anything that I am setting in concrete. My main goal of running a 1/2 marathon was met two years ago and will be met again in 3 weeks (yikes!). But, I see 2009 as a time for our family to remember what is important to us.

So, to end 2008....thank you to all our friends and family out there. We love you and appreciate all you do for us. Thank you to our friends who had us over tonight. It was the perfect way to end the year, being around people who love us and appreciate our craziness :) May this end of the year bring you peace and contentment in your hearts. May this new year bring a road of newness and happiness to your lives. We love you.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

kimberly said...

happy new year....may this year bring wonderful adventures and experiences!
xo,
kim