Wednesday, December 10, 2008

One year already

Dear Son~
You are now one year old. I have been trying to wrap my brain around this fact for a few days. I could not write this on your birthday. You have brought so much to my life. Even though I was already a mommy when you came into this world, you have made me a better one. Before you were born, I did not know how I could love another child like I love your sister. Now I understand. You are my boy. You entered this world and nothing has been the same since. You are now walking around this house, tormenting your sister, laughing at the simple things and loving the big wet kisses you give everyone. You even have learned how to make the kiss noise when you want a kiss. Your latest cute act is shaking your head vigorously when you do not want something. You are apparently taking after your sister with the whole independent streak.
I really can not believe that a full year has gone by since you were born. You are such an amazing little boy. I love when you give hugs and pat us on the arm. I love how you play peek a boo with your towel after your bath. I love how you play shy with people and hide your face and then light up with a smile. You are trying desperately to talk to us. Your loving sister loves to talk for you, yet she is trying to teach you how to say words. You already love so deeply.
It is an amazing thing to be your mommy. It has been an adventurous year. You have grown so much and have brought so much to our lives. I adore you. I am excited to see what you learn next and what you teach me next. I love my baby boy. Happy Birthday!
Love~
Your mommy


3 comments:

Mandy said...

Happy Birthday you cute little man!! ~Sweet words Debbie~
Mandy

Jamie said...

Happy Happy birthday!! :) I heard it was a wonderful wonderful day!! :)

kimberly said...

beautiful tribute....sorry i'm so late at this blogging thing lately....don't know what i've been up to! :)
sweet sweet boy!
kimberly