Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Kids Accents

The way kids speak is quite cute. It is funny how they pick up different inflections of words from people in their lives. I grew up in the Midwest and east coast, yet do not have a strong accent. My mom grew up in the Boston area and even though she has been gone for quite awhile still has an accent. Pumpkin spends a lot of time with my mom and apparently absorbed a little bit of the Bostonian accent. I just noticed it a few weeks ago even though Hubby noticed it quite awhile ago. Instead of saying "GARBAGE" she says "GABAGE". She leaves out the R and extends the second A. This is one of the last words that she does not say "appropriately". I know it will not last for much longer. I makes me realize how quick they grow up and lose their baby ways. I just wonder what Critter will pick up! I guess we will have to wait and see! :)

3 comments:

Tara said...

I know what you mean about accents. I so agree with you about how I will miss Ryan not saying words "appropriately". I don't want to correct him but Neal thinks it is important. I try to tape as much of him talking as I can.

Mandy said...

that is too funny!

kimberly said...

sweet...and i will have to remember to have a conversation about gargage when i see her next! :)