Sunday, November 6, 2011

My 3rd Half Marathon...

I decided to be crazy and run my 3rd Half Marathon back in early November. I was able to train nicely this time, with Jacob in school....that is what I thought anyway! A very good friend of mine was running as well. We had a GREAT pace up to mile 4. My right knee decided it wanted to go out on me. She ran ahead and I walked/limped/jogged/struggled for the next 9.1 miles. It was absolutely crazy.
Hubby and the kids were at mile 8 to cheer me on. You know you are in pain when your husband sees your face and then puts down the camera.
I did not realize how in pain I looked until I saw these pictures. It was a tough go...
My girl with my medal...
Critter was super sweet. He leaned over to Hubby when he saw me and said "See, Mommy won the race...she has a medal!"
I really appreciate the support of my family and my mom. They came out to support me on a chilly November day. Next year, I will run another one...but hoping the knee decides to cooperate with me!

No comments: