Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas...Eve...

We had a great Christmas.Eve this year. How could we not with the kids! :) It was a little different. Normally, my parents come down to spend the night with us on Christmas.Eve. We all go to mass and then I make dinner. This year, it was just the 4 of us. We met up with our close friends at church...which was awesome! We then came home for a nice dinner of soup. Then we put the kids in their pj's, made hot chocolate and drove around to look at Christmas lights. It was a great night!

Gotta do pictures before church!
I don't know how much longer I have to coordinate their outfits. I will do it as long as they will let me though. My guess is they did not realize I coordinated them this year though :)
This was before heading out to look at lights...we were tracking the Big Red Guys progress....I love that website each year! Such great motivation to go to bed :)
Yes, they let me do matching pj's too! Hoping I can get a few more years out of this tradition as well!
Setting out our treats...My favorite tradition...each Christmas.Eve right before bed I read The Night Before Christmas. I love doing this. It feels like it makes the night complete. Again, I am really hoping the kids let me hold onto these traditions as long as possible. They mean so much to me. Each thing we do brings us back to what is important. This holiday is not about the greed...about how much we can get. It is about what we do for each other, family and friends. As long as we keep that in mind...we are good.
The kids went to sleep so nicely without many peeps. They were so tired from running around for 2 days that is helped! They were super excited for the morning though...

No comments: