Monday, July 23, 2012

First Day of 2nd Grade...

It seems like yesterday I was in tears with this girl starting preschool...
 Now, she is in second grade!  I can not believe how fast these years have gone by!  She is now on the "bigger" playground and a different part of the school.  She was super excited to go back to school.  The huge benefit of modified-year-round school is the only 7 week summer.  By starting in July, we do not face a lot of the summer boredoms.  While it is sometimes hard to plan vacations and such with family out of state, it is worth it not to deal with the summer heat for longer with them out of school!
 In order for her to agree to a picture with brother, mom and dad...had to take a picture of her with our cat!  This girl has such a big heart.  Since we have said good-bye to two of our cats in the past 2 years, she has become even more loving towards this guy. 
 I love that we started the tradition of taking pictures by our front door.  It is amazing to me how much she grows each year. I am shocked that I no longer have to bend down to take a picture with her!  I am dreading the day she is as tall as I am! 
 While they had a great summer, they were both ready for the break from each other with school!  They have such different personalities and sometimes can get overwhelming for each of them to spend too much time together.  I love that they love each other, but also love that they know when a break is good!  I am not even going to think about the fact that next year I will be sending them both off to school.  He will start Kindergarten and she 3rd grade!  Yikes...how in the world did that happen!
I am no longer "allowed" to bring my camera to school to grab a picture.  So...one last one with the backpack before heading out the door.  She was so excited since a lot of her good friends are in her class this year.  Off to a great start of 2nd grade!

No comments: