Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Fourth...

We are back!
I realize that pretty much only family and friends read this blog....but still I did not want to publicly announce we would be out of town for 6 days. We went last Wed-Mon to Nebraska for my cousins wedding, which was also a family reunion. I had not seen a lot of my cousins and aunts/uncles in 5 years. They had not seen Pumpkin since she was 9 months old and had never met Critter. It was SO MUCH FUN! I have hundreds of photos I am still going through...so there will be MANY more posts coming.
My cousin got married on the 3rd and some family left on the 4th. So, we had a more low key (that of course is something said in perspective of my crazy loud family!) Fourth of July. What made it really awesome is the fact that fireworks are LEGAL in Nebraska. I am not talking about the little fireworks that you barely notice. I am talking huge, loud, smoky fireworks. Two of my uncles put on a show after the wedding back at the hotel. Then, one of them decided to do it again on the actual 4th. It was so neat. Everywhere you looked there were fireworks.
After dinner and before the fireworks we were just playing around in the parking lot...I know a little weird...but it was fun! The kids found a little frog. It became the goal to chase this frog into the field next to the hotel. Amazingly enough Critter did not step on it!
Waiting patiently for the fireworks just after finishing up smores. After being in the Valley for years on the 4th, it was amazing to be somewhere you needed PANTS outside in July! But....my kids were for sure the wimps of the bunch getting cold. :) In the middle there is my youngest cousin, he and my kids were inseparable the entire time. Poor Critter has been asking to play with him all week

These are the legal fireworks pretty much right above us....crazy!




Critter got scared during the loud booms. My other cousin, the little guys older brother, tried to comfort him. The kids loved playing with him as well. I am surprised he did not get tired of carrying them around in his arms, back or shoulders.

It was such an awesome 4th weekend. Like I said, i have a ton more pictures and stories to come. I had to start somewhere though, otherwise it would be 2 months from now and I would have nothing written!

No comments: