Friday, March 6, 2009

Beyond busy...

I feel like we have been going non-stop lately. We have "fun" things scheduled most days of the week. While it helps keep the kids busy, I sometimes just want to STOP! Yet, when we do stop we crave the activities we are no longer doing. It is a lovely cycle. My point is this, we have been doing a lot lately. The weather has been gorgeous so we are spending lots of time outdoors, before it gets too hot! Here are just some fun updates on our lives:
Critter has been taking an awesome gym class for the past 9 weeks. It is at the same place where Pumpkin took all her gym classes. It is so neat to see Critter form such a positive relationship here, just like Pumpkin. I swear that he even points out the window when we drive by! :) He found a new love this past Thursday. He could not get enough of these rings. He would run over and grab them, then hang there for a minute, then laugh and drop to the ground. I think he would have spent the whole class there if I had not made him do something else! I just LOVE his smile in these! :)


A dear friend and her daughter came in town for this week and part of next. We have not seen them in almost 2 years. Pumpkin and her daughter are only 2 days apart and they grew up in a playgroup with each other. We have tried to spend as much time as possible with them. We went to the park, the zoo, the farmer's market and will go to the park again next week. Apparently when we went to the zoo, it was pigtail day and we did not know it. I just love that the girls did not miss a beat and still love playing with each other!
This was from the zoo day with our friends. Critter LOVES the slide. Actually, I don't know if he likes the slide or the steps to the slide better! :)
I just adore Pumpkin's preschool. They have such a wonderful program and she is just thriving there. This week was Rodeo week there. She got to bring her bike to school on Tuesday and they had a bike rodeo. I went to take pictures of the kids. She really is my independant girl. All her friends came up to say hi to me before she even acknowledged I was there. When she did see me, all she wanted me to do was hold her hat! I guess it is good, I just miss my little girl sometimes...
On Thursday, they brought in ponies for the kids to ride. It was SO cute to see these kids riding these horses.I found it so special to catch a glimpse of her at school. I love the person she is growing to be.
So, we have been busy, but having a ton of fun. Even though a few of the days have been rough, I am remembering to fully enjoy each day. I am absorbing what my children are saying and how they are acting. They are such wonderful people. I think taking a step back and just watch them has helped me a great deal. I just adore these two little people and can not wait to see what adventure we go on next! :)

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Busy is good ~ but it's okay to take a break sometime too. :) These are such fun pictures! :)
Sorry I didn't make it to see you on Sat. I completely forgot I had a baby shower to go to in Casa Grande and mornings are a bit hectic in general anyway. :) Hopefully I'll make it next weekend!
have a wonderful week!

kimberly said...

what fun!!! and it sounds like the preschool is a great place...letting kids experience life! yeah for you, remembering to enjoy each day...such an easy thing to purpose and as easy to forget! i need to constantly remind myself of this....and looks like the gym has been a hit with everyone!
have a great day.

Alyson said...

Looks like your having a lot of fun though :o) What great weather to do all these activities. I hope it lasts a few more weeks at least!